Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2022

As an amputee traveling with Klebsiella

Traveling as a triple amputee with Klebsiella pneumoniae, a bacteria that made a 5 X 7 cm hole in my right lung isn't that easy. 
Six times in one year I was in different hospitals, almost for a total of over five months.
That it will kill me one day, as the doctors told me, I understand. A hole in the long in this case can't be closed and since I am always with an infection and being over thin; 40 kilo in weight, - a surgery can't be done.
For me the biggest suffer is that all this made me so weak and thin. My energy is gone, mostly I am very sleepy and it makes me very weak.
Till about two years ago, I easily could crawl from the ground into the wheelchair. Now it is even too difficult to crawl from the bed into the wheelchair. I even remember how easy I could crawl upside on stairs. Those times are over. Even laying hurts me, since it hurt me where my bones are sticking almost outside from being so thin. 
Life as an amputee was indeed easier the time I was healthy and full of energy.
In 3 days my flight to the Philippines over Jeddah. There waiting six hours. Followed by a 10 hours flight to Manila, where I will arrive late evening on day 17. I will need to wait hours on the flight to Puerto Princesa Palawan, since this flight only will be on day 18 in the afternoon.
Being so weak and thin and a body that hurt, even when I sit, I am wondering how that all gonna be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

As an amputee traveling with Klebsiella

Traveling as a triple amputee with Klebsiella pneumoniae, a bacteria that made a 5 X 7 cm hole in my right lung isn't that e...